BizCon South Exhibitor Information & Resources
Exhibit Hall Hours
Wednesday, February 21st, 2024
8:00 am – 12:00 pm
1:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Day 1 Exhibit Hours
Thursday, February 22nd, 2024
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Day 2 Exhibit Hours
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Note: Floorplan updated frequently
Booth requests honored on a first come, first served basis. BLD Connection reserves the right to deny booth requests based upon placement too close to a competitor. Please select several booth options you’ll be happy with.
Product Installation Presentations
During the 2024 BLD BizCons, exhibiting companies will have the opportunity to present a 20–30-minute educational product installation presentation in a designated area during trade show hours - FREE OF CHARGE! For full details and applications form, click HERE.
Prairie Meadows Casino & Hotel
1 Prairie Meadows Drive, Altoona, IA 50009
ROOM RATE: $141.00 + tax
RATE GOOD UNTIL: Sunday, January 28, 2024
RESERVATIONS: Call 515-967-1000 OR REGISTER ONLINE
GROUP CODE: NLABIZCON24
CHECK IN: 4:00 pm | CHECK OUT: 11:00 am
ALERT! Please be aware of housing companies calling and falsely claiming to represent BizCon South. They are NOT authorized to call, nor can they get you better rates. You must make your own hotel reservations by using the reservation information on this page.
- Single booth size is 8' x 10' (8’ deep, 10’ wide unless in a flipped double booth at the end).
- Pipe and drape, 8’ back drape 3’ side drape unless otherwise requested.
- One 8’x 30” skirted table, two chairs, one wastebasket, one company ID sign
- Booths automatically come with access to (1) 110-volt electric outlet
- Complimentary Wi-Fi included in exhibit hall
- One DRM – Member Directory & Buyer’s Guide per 8 x 10 booth (2 booths = 2 DRMs, etc.).
- Pre-conference list of attendees provided via email one week before the event (no emails included).
- Includes two (2) ALL ACCESS passes for up to 2 company reps per 8 x 10 booth (4 badges for double booth, etc.). Reps may attend all lunches, receptions, seminars (as long as sessions are indicated during pre-registration!).
- Additional ALL ACCESS representative badges are $100.
- Advance registration is highly encouraged. REGISTER IN ADVANCE to ensure a spot at each function, which may not be available onsite even though the cost for the badge will be the same!
Additional Exhibitor Information
- Exhibitor Services – Prairie Meadows provides their own in-house pipe and drape, tables, etc. for the booths. If you have special booth needs not included with your booth, reach out to Jenn Virden at (515) 967-8637 or email@example.com.
- Electricity – Electricity access is included with each booth - (1) 110-volt . There is no need to order it advance, although you may want to consider bringing an extension cord or power strip to better accommodate your onsite set-up needs.
- Shipping – Packages should arrive no more than 3 days prior to the conference. To ship materials to Prairie Meadows, address packages and boxes as follows:
(YOUR company / company rep name)
BLD BizCon South / February 21-22, 2024
1 Prairie Meadows Drive Altoona, Iowa 50009For your safety and security, cartons, packages, or other containers brought in or removed from Prairie Meadows by the Client, Client’s guests, invitees, employees, and agents may be subject to inspection. Boxes, packages, and/or display materials will be accepted no earlier than three (3) days prior to the scheduled event date. The Meadows reserves the right to refuse packages which appear damaged and in any event, assumes no liability for the condition of the contents of such packages. Additionally, storage for items received prior to three (3) days and/or not removed following the conclusion of your event may be assessed storage fees. Returned shipping/packaging fees will apply. Prairie Meadows will not accept any responsibility for damage to or loss of any merchandise or articles left in the facility prior to, during, or following the Client’s function.Shipments of more than 10 boxes and any boxes heavier than 70 lbs. must receive prior approval from your Event Coordinator. Handling and storage fees for large shipments will apply.Package Shipping Charges – Incoming and outgoing charges: • Letters and Envelopes $4 each • Boxes up to 70 lbs. $10 each MAIL / SHIPPING / PACKAGE INSPECTION • Totes and Display cases $25 each • Pallets $100
- Load In, Load Out If Using the Loading Dock Area – Prairie Meadows has both an elevated loading dock (Dock 3) and ground level (Sally Port). Security access required. You may load small items in through the main doors of the conference center during designated load in and load out event hours. If larger items must be moved in with equipment or a loading dock is required, use the receiving and distribution area and follow the directions below:
- Prairie Meadows receiving & distribution (R&D) area is on the northeast side of the building.
- Back up to Dock #4 (aka Sally Port), which is the garage door/dock closest to the entry door.
- Use the employee entrance, located by Dock #4, ring the bell at the far door to check in with security control.
- Present your driver’s license to security control to receive a temporary IRGC yellow badge* and proximity card. The proximity card will give you access to employee areas of the facility.
- Please be prepared to share the following information: name of the event, name of your Prairie Meadows’ contact, and the areas of the facility you will be accessing.
- Once checked in, security or R&D staff will open the garage door for you.
- Back your vehicle inside the building. Security or R&D staff will shut the first garage door and open the interior door for unloading.
- If needed, obtain a cart from R&D staff. Carts are limited and may not be available at the time of your arrival. Be prepared to move your items without the use of a cart. Unload your vehicle and take your items to the room/area for your event. Depending on Sally Port usage, our staff may ask you to move your vehicle immediately after unloading, before taking items to the room.
- All vehicles need to be parked in our main lot. You must enter through any of our guest entrances – The Meadows Events Center, main Casino entrance, or Hotel. If you do not need to access employee areas after unloading, return your badges* to security control to receive your driver’s license.
*Badge must be worn and visible in secure areas. Guests are not allowed to gamble or drink alcohol while in possession of an IRGC temporary badge.
- Loading Dock and Equipment Usage For the safety of employees and Clients, only trained and certified persons may operate forklifts. Services must be arranged with Prairie Meadows in advance and will be contracted for a minimum of one (1) hour at a rate of $150 per hour. Utilization exceeding one (1) hour will be calculated and rounded up in .25 hour increments.
- BLD Connection Exhibitor Regulations – Submitting the booth agreement/contract is an indication that you have read and agree to THESE terms!
We're excited to introduce two new sessions during the event: the Opening General Session on Day 1 and the Closing General Session on Day 2. Both are all about you, the participants! These sessions include lunch, BizCon announcements, important BLD news and updates, awards, prize distribution, and inspirational keynote speakers. You can attend both sessions with the All Access Pass, but please remember to register in advance, as we won't be able to offer onsite registration due to meal planning requirements.
We aim to deliver only the BEST industry education at our events. The seminars (choice of one) are included in the All Access Pass.
View details on all sessions HERE.
"Brews & Bites Bash" Evening Reception
Join BLD at the “Brews & Bites Bash” Evening Reception on Wednesday evening from 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm. Enjoy great food, great drinks, and even greater company!
Each person who purchases an “All Access Pass” may attend the Brews & Bites Bash on Wednesday evening from 5:30 pm – 7 pm at the hotel if they registered in advance for the event.
View details and register HERE.
Happy Hour Reception
Stop in the exhibit hall on Day 1 for free keg beer and soda from 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm. Cash bar service available all afternoon from 1:30 pm – 5:30 pm. (No bar service provided in exhibit hall on the morning of Day 2.)
Snacks & Beverages
Day 1 - Soda, water and dessert provided during the afternoon.
Day 2 - Coffee, soda, water and light breakfast items provided during the morning.
GIVE BACK TO THE COMMUNITY! Engage and express your philanthropic side and partake in the new charity event onsite with your friends and colleagues. Build community at the event while also supporting the greater community! This function will take place within the exhibit hall during trade show hours. Additional details to be announced closer to the event.